The Residency Program is currently on hiatus during the COVID-19 situation. Please check back in late summer for updates.
Set dedicated training times and reserved training spaces to ensure you get the training you need. This program is available for one to five days per week, scheduled on a month-to-month basis.
The residency option includes:
- Your choice of one to five days per week of assigned, reserved training space.
- One half hour liaison meeting per month with the program director, Elsie Smith, for use in any way you wish. Get help with act creation, scheduling and planning, professional development, costume questions, injury prevention, web site review, etc.
- Priority information every month about guest instructors, workshop series, and other events at NECCA.
- Unlimited access to Members Only and Open Studio training times at all NECCA studios (generally 7 days per week).
To ensure that students are making progress and getting what they need, residency students are required to take at least one private lesson or session class per month in addition to enrolling in residency.
Including reserved training times as well as Members Only and Open Studio training:
- $120/month (1 day/week reserved)
- $150/month (2 days/week reserved)
- $175/month (3 days/week reserved)
- $200/month (4 days/week reserved)
- $225/month (5 days/week reserved)
Reserved residency training times generally include Mondays through Thursdays, from 1 – 3 pm in Winston-Prouty Gymnasium (Sept – May) and 3 – 5 pm at the Trapezium (June – August).
RESIDENCY INQUIRY FORM
If you would like, you may open this form in a new window.
Reserved Training Appointments
Please review the information below to reserve training time at NECCA.
TRAINING DURING COVID-19
We are happy to be able to provide a disinfected and socially-distanced place to train during this time. Previously we offered open training times we called “Members Only.” Now, because participants must have an assigned space and an appointment, we are calling this training option “Reserved Training.” To be eligible for Reserved Training, you must be pre approved and start with an orientation and pre-pay for your training time. There is a health officer on site at all times for emergencies, but there is no coaching help available during the Reserved Training times. This is recommended for intermediate to advanced students and artists who do not require guidance or someone to oversee their training.
Any reserved training participants must follow all of NECCA’s COVID-19 safety policies in addition to our regular studio safety policies. This requires, among other things: each participant to have a scheduled appointment, provide their own equipment (or have NECCA equipment assigned to them), be willing and able to train while wearing a face mask, and be socially distancing in their lives outside of NECCA.
You must also either live in Vermont or one of the approved counties. Click here for a list of those counties.
A full list of required COVID-19 Safety policies are available here.
Cost for the initial reserved training orientation is $20. You only need to do this once, then you are approved to sign up for reserved training times at $20 per 2-hour session.
This calendar is updated weekly and is subject to change at any time.