We regularly seek versatile educators and artistic visionaries to fill a variety of short term and long term positions. Our coaches must be able and willing to teach a variety of levels across all of our programs: Basic and Advanced Youth, Outreach, Recreational Adult, Discipline Intensive, and Professional Track, a four to nine month commitment. Adaptive teaching experience to meet the needs for all bodies is a plus.
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for preventing athletic injuries of high level professional circus athletes through intervention, evaluation and assessments. Athletic monitoring, advising and some body work during day time circus arts programming Monday thru Friday. Athletic Trainer acts as a liaison between student athletes, coaches and medical professionals.
This position reports to the Director of the ProTrack Program and is able to work in person and on site up to 25 hours per week, flexible hours for student appointments Monday thru Friday, 8am – 7pm
- Schedule and manage meetings and on the floor monitoring with students during office hours to provide guidance and direction for injury tracking, health, and well-being
- Assess physical and mental wellness and Develop Return to Play plans in collaboration with medical professionals and coaches for injured students
- Communicate student medical and functional limitations to coaches; and work in collaboration with the coaches to determine what can and cannot be done.
- Teach Professional Development (ProDev) and/or Health classes to students, including basic anatomy and injury management
- Evaluate the progress of each student, and give regular reports to the Protrack Director and Governance Panel
- Offer individualized conditioning routines and strategies for students when needed.
- Document new and ongoing injuries with clear, concise, thorough notes and share with ProTrack Governance Panel and appropriate coaches
- Oversee the athletic periodization schedule with the ProTrack Director.
- Monitor and ensure students train and perform with a high standard of health and safety, in accordance with NECCA policies and procedures.
- Emergency response capacity
- Degree in Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, or equivalent experience with high level athletes
- An excellent working knowledge of fitness, injury, sports psychology, nutrition and sports science as appropriate for the level you are working with.
- High level knowledge of the body, injuries, and student acrobatic demands/disciplines/skills and the ability to convey information to stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve and convey reasonable courses of action for overall student health.
- Ability to relate to young athletic and creative students and staff and develop two-way conversations about injury tracking & prevention with professional demeanor
- Ability to educate students on how to traverse injury and recovery
- Ability to interpret information provided by medical professionals and give guidance on training modifications
- Ability to grasp potentially common root causes of injuries among numerous students
- High legal and ethical standards for student health and safety requirements.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
How to Apply
Provide a letter of interest and resume with the subject line “Athletic Trainer Application and the applicant’s last name” specifying experience and unique qualifications relevant to this position as well as the names of three references ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-exempt: $28-32/hr depending on experience. Benefits include relocation reimbursement up to $500, paid time off, free and discounted classes, and State of Vermont workers compensation and FMLA.
For immediate start.
Aerial Hoop Coaches
We are looking for an aerial coach who specializes in Lyra who wants to establish their careers and their lives here in beautiful Southern Vermont within a few hours drive from Boston, New York City, and Montreal. At the New England Center for Circus Arts, we are more than a place to land between gigs. We are a place to grow your career. We believe in staff development, internal promotion, staff support, and community.
We are currently looking for coaches with experience teaching both professional and recreational level Lyra. Other vertical (Tissu/Rope) and/or bar aerial arts coaching experience a plus. The ideal candidate will also have flexibility/fitness/conditioning coaching experience, and/or administrative experience.
We are hiring for positions starting January 2024.
Must be able to legally work in the US.
Our Admin Team, many of whom are artists themselves, bring their organizational skills and “behind the scenes” experiences to support and sustain the mission of NECCA. Roles include Reception, Residency Host, Show Support, Event Staff, Facility & Rigging Support and Program Assistants and Program Directors. *Coaches who wish to have a more full time and long term position affecting real change in the life of our students are encouraged to see themselves in an administrative capacity in Youth Programs, Adult Programs and our ProTrack Program.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for basic bookkeeping, including accounts receivable, accounts payables, payroll journals, and filing. Will also have occasional responsibilities running payroll and reconciling bank accounts. . This position reports to the Business Services Administrator and is able to work in person and on site between 5-10 hours per week, flexible hours and possibility to work remotely for some hours.
- Accounts Payable: process invoices and print checks for Business Services Administrator, ensure invoices are paid on time including property taxes, insurance premiums and loan payments.
- Accounts Receivable: Maintain daily records in Quickbooks from registration, maintain and inform the Business Services Administrator on donor and grant funds, and invoicing for various instances.
- Payroll: Enter biweekly journal entries into Quickbooks.
- Maintain accruals for advanced payments and move to revenue
- Bank Reconciliation
- Record daily revenue from registration software into Quickbooks
- Aid Business Services Administrator in quarterly reports to lenders
- 1-3 years experience QuickBooks Online
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent experience in bookkeeping
- Understanding of Google Drive and Gmail
- Must have experience with excel and google suite
- Must be able to stay organized in dynamic virtual environments
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
How to Apply
Provide a letter of interest and resume with the subject line “Bookkeeper [and the applicant’s last name]” specifying experience and unique qualifications relevant to this position as well as the names of three references ASAP to email@example.com.
Non-exempt: $20-25/hr depending on experience. Benefits include paid time off, free and discounted classes, and State of Vermont workers compensation and FMLA.
For immediate start.
Check back soon for more openings.
Interested professionals should send their resume in English accompanied by a cover letter, indicating role(s) of interest, availability, two professional references and one personal reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates must agree to adhere to our mission and values and be vaccinated for COVID-19.
New England Center for Circus Arts (NECCA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender/gender identity, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or physical ability.
If you are looking for a vibrant small town community surrounded by some of the best coaches in the country at the largest long running non-profit, professional circus center in the U.S. – NECCA is the place for you. Nestled in along the banks of the Connecticut River surrounded by the Green Mountains of Southern Vermont, Brattleboro is a growing arts community voted one of the best places to live in Vermont and Top Ten Arts Towns in America within minutes of bustling cities like Northampton, MA and Keene, NH.
NECCA is also a few hours drive from Boston, New York City, and Montreal. Whether it’s a Friday at Gallery Walk, an international band at Next Stage, or a Burlesque show downtown, there is always something to do in or out of doors within minutes of the town center. Home to a thriving arts community, surrounded by good neighbors and caring citizens, Brattleboro is a unique place to live and work.