Join Our Team
At the New England Center for Circus Arts, we are more than a place to land between gigs. We are a place to grow your career. We believe in staff development, internal promotion, staff support and connection.
NECCA is the largest professional circus training school in the U.S., fostering the careers of hundreds of circus artists and coaches that continue American Circus Arts around the world for major organizations such as Aida Cruise Lines, Seven Fingers of the Hand, Cirque du Soleil, and much more. Teaching standards of excellence in a variety of circus disciplines, NECCA nourishes a caring and collaborative community with attention to the whole wellbeing of every student and staff member.
Coaching, Admin, & More
Positions range from recreational to professional coaches in all disciplines, Program Directors and a variety of supporting roles in administrative positions including reception, program staff, facility team, production staff and back office staff.
NECCA is an equal opportunity employer, but we explicitly welcome BIPOC applicants. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regularly seek versatile educators and artistic visionaries to fill a variety of short term and long term positions. Our coaches must be able and willing to teach a variety of levels across all of our programs: Basic and Advanced Youth, Outreach, Recreational Adult, Discipline Intensive, and Professional Track, a four to nine month commitment. Adaptive teaching experience to meet the needs for all bodies is a plus.
Flying Trapeze Coach
We are looking for a flying trapeze coach who wants to establish their career and life here in beautiful Southern Vermont within a few hours drive from Boston, New York City, and Montreal. At the New England Center for Circus Arts, we are more than a place to land between gigs. We are a place to grow your career. We believe in staff development, internal promotion, staff support, and community.
We are currently looking for a flying trapeze coach with experience teaching both professional and recreational level flying trapeze; holding lines and catching skills are a plus. The ideal candidate will also have additional circus or fitness coaching experience including ground skills and aerials.
We are hiring for positions to start in June 2023. Must be able to legally work in the US. Please send a resume & cover letter to email@example.com by May 17, 2023.
Seeking coaches who can teach basic to advanced ground circus skills such as hand balancing, partner acrobatics, hand to hand, tumbling, conditioning, teeterboard, Russian barre, hoop diving, hula hoop, tight wire, balancing, German wheel, Cyr wheel, rola bola.
We are hiring for positions starting Jan. 2023. A commitment for a 9-12 month period is ideal, with shorter contracts for Sept-Dec and Jan-May possible.
- Previous experience teaching advanced level handbalancing students, including familiarity with teaching one arm, & working at height (such as chair balancing).
- Comfortable working with students on act creation and creative/artistic exploration.
- Be able to work legally in the United States with your own visa.
- Live within a commuting distance to Brattleboro or be willing to relocate.
- For ProTrack, core coaches must be available to teach September thru June 5, have skills sets around mentoring pre-professional students, active engagement in student assessments and meetings, conducting student liaison meetings, and helping the ProTrack Governance Panel with curriculum and planning when needed.
Schedule: 15-25 hrs per week with possibility for more hours, Monday thru Friday, between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm for ProTrack, with additional possible coaching hours for evening and weekend recreational classes, workshops and intensives.
Compensation: Pay rates are commensurate with experience and skill level, determined post candidate interviews. Benefits include paid time off, staff development, access to staff training times, discounts on programming including youth programming for staff with children, workers compensation, and Vermont FMLA.
Please send a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Admin Team, many of whom are artists themselves, bring their organizational skills and “behind the scenes” experiences to support and sustain the mission of NECCA. Roles include Reception, Residency Host, Show Support, Event Staff, Facility & Rigging Support and Program Assistants and Program Directors. *Coaches who wish to have a more full time and long term position affecting real change in the life of our students are encouraged to see themselves in an administrative capacity in Youth Programs, Adult Programs and our ProTrack Program.
Director of Strategic Development
New England Center for Circus Arts (NECCA) in Brattleboro, Vermont, a nonprofit organization which offers both community-based circus education, as well as the premiere professional circus training program in the United States (housed since the summer of 2017 in a unique custom-built trapezium) seeks a cause driven and proven Director of Strategic Development.
The Director of Strategic Development is responsible for the overall strategic fundraising goals set out by the Executive Director (ED) and the Board of Directors. Utilizing dynamic and innovative thinking in a philanthropic environment that is ripe for extraordinary growth, this individual will design, create, and execute a new and effective strategic orientation that focuses on transformational giving to NECCA as well as providing story and brand content for local and national consumption. This position can be remote.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide visionary strategic leadership in all aspects of fundraising appeals, development and execution
- Supervise creation, implementation, and updating of comprehensive story and brand content for local and national media, and annual appeal.
- Execute acquisitions and coordinate assignment of major gifts with ED in the amount of $10,000 and up; may travel less than 40% of allotted work hours to meet with Major Gift donors/prospects
- Execute acquisition of all business sponsorships $500 and up
- Carry a personal portfolio of 50 to 75 major donors and prospects to solicit on behalf of NECCA
- Practice strong collaboration with E.D. and Program Directors for donor prospects and cultivation, carry out and/or oversee research and data mining to segment the donor pool, identify untapped potential, and create profiles for Major
- Gift donors/prospects for personal engagement and outreach
- Responsible for overall stewardship of donors including thank you letters, events, donor perks and coordination of visits every year to major gift donors and/or potential donors with ED
- Partner with Administrative Assistant on researching, writing and managing various strategic grants to support NECCA
- Responsible for the excellent community relations both locally with stakeholders, as well as nationally and globally with the greater circus community.
- Recommend and oversee implementation with Administrative Assistant of donor platform to track all donor giving.
- Provide regular fundraising reports to E.D. and monthly reviews to the Fundraising Committee and NECCA Board
- Minimum education Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, preferred: Master’s Degree & CFRE
- 5-8 years of major gifts fundraising experience in a non-profit, including prospect solicitation and management
- Self-motivated and talented fundraising professional with a solid track record of building deep donor relationships using a hands-on approach to cultivate and steward donors so they are inspired to give generously and consistently
- Excellent communication, decision making, and leadership skills
- Strategic conceptualist with broad developmental understandings for and experience in fundraising
- Fundraising leader who can embrace mission, engage meaningfully in organizational culture, and facilitate continued growth for the future
- Passionate energy, vision, and resourcefulness to further NECCA institutional advancement
- Ability to lead, empower and collaborate with others
- Demonstrate humility, vulnerability, and transparency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite.
NECCA is in its second year of a three year strategic plan with a focus on financial stability, program and brand focus and increased staff compensation. This role must meet a minimum annual fundraising goal of $300,000 annually with an increased strategic planning goal year over year. Growth potential for this role would include overseeing a multi-year capital campaign, seeding a Legacy and Endowment Donor base and bolstering International strategic collaborations in Canada and Europe.
HOW TO APPLY
Provide a letter of interest and resume specifying experience and unique qualifications relevant to this senior management opportunity, as well as the names of three references by May 22, 2023.
Inquiries or submissions should be made by email only to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Director Application and the applicant’s last name”
Salary Range: $80,000 – $100,000, commensurate upon previous experience and achievements. Benefits include paid time off, vacation pay, free and discounted classes, and State of Vermont workers compensation and FMLA.
The E.D. and Board will begin reviewing applications no later than May 22, 2023.
RECEPTION TEAM MEMBER
New England Center for Circus Arts is seeking a Reception Team Member to begin immediately. We have two locations, the Trapezium at 10 Town Crier Drive and the Cotton Mill, both in Brattleboro, VT.
The Reception Team is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to a variety of students, coaches, and visitors, including registration and enrollment. They are responsible for providing administrative support for NECCA’s various programs and events, including box office support during shows. Community support includes having a positive outlook, promoting an inclusive, welcome, and encouraging environment, and keeping the reception area and surrounding facilities clean, stocked, and tidy. Must follow NECCA safety and emergency procedures.
- Public-facing customer service experience
- Strong communication skills
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Computer skills: Google Suite, ASAP or similar student enrollment software
- Ability to learn new software
- Cash handling experience
- A familiarity with circus is appreciated but not required.
Approximately ten flexible hours per week. Mostly weekdays with some nights and weekends.
June 19, 2023
June 9, 2023, with interviews the week of June 12 – 16
Check back soon for more openings.
Interested professionals should send their resume in English accompanied by a cover letter, indicating role(s) of interest, availability, two professional references and one personal reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates must agree to adhere to our mission and values and be vaccinated for COVID-19.
New England Center for Circus Arts (NECCA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender/gender identity, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or physical ability.
Serious candidates may fill out requests for medical or religious exemption from COVID vaccination using these forms. Please mail them to email@example.com.
RELOCATING TO BRATTLEBORO
If you are looking for a vibrant small town community surrounded by some of the best coaches in the country at the largest long running non-profit, professional circus center in the U.S. – NECCA is the place for you. Nestled in along the banks of the Connecticut River surrounded by the Green Mountains of Southern Vermont, Brattleboro is a growing arts community voted one of the best places to live in Vermont and Top Ten Arts Towns in America within minutes of bustling cities like Northampton, MA and Keene, NH.
NECCA is also a few hours drive from Boston, New York City, and Montreal. Whether it’s a Friday at Gallery Walk, an international band at Next Stage, or a Burlesque show downtown, there is always something to do in or out of doors within minutes of the town center. Home to a thriving arts community, surrounded by good neighbors and caring citizens, Brattleboro is a unique place to live and work.